Top Social

.

Master Bedroom Makeover

Monday, May 4, 2015
You may remember our master bedroom here below. 
I decided a little over a year ago that I wanted to paint it grey. Oh this grey paint! Its been so popular and I have had so many inquires about it that it has earned its own image on the right hand side of my  blog with a link to the formula! Oh Mr, Grey paint, you are loved by so many but just not me anymore so its time to let you go....at least in this room.
My growing love for clean, airy and minimal interiors has lead back to my one true love...
White!
Then this happened and basically it just spiraled from there...new walls, new floors...new room!
Say hello to our new Master Bedroom!
Be ready for some photo overload! 
Our new white washed flooring, completly DIY'd by the handiest husband I know!
I did a happy dance the day we ripped all that yuck carpet outta here. 
These floors!! 
Gah!!
(this is simply not a word, but it does help me express my intense feeling for them)
These Caitlin Wilson pillows, swoon....it seriously doesn't get any better!!!!
We replaced our distressed mismatched nightstands with these new ones from Ikea. They ended up being the perfect size and height. I had been considering these for our room for a very long time but kept going back and forth. Now that we have them, Im super happy with the decision to purchase them. They have a ton of storage and of course the price is always a driving force behind any purchase, so these won out over everything else. I really couldn't find anything that could compare for what we needed. 
 The fluffy stools have a new home. Well, mostly because my sweet husband sat on one and sort of broke one of the legs....this is a safer place for them until it can be properly repaired. Well, that and they look pretty cute here, so that too! 
Oh my goodness you all, I could simply die over this acrylic frame from Highland Hardware!
If you follow me on IG you may have seen where I posted that I was looking for something to hold my Hermes scarf. This could not be more perfect for showcasing this super special gift and now instead of sitting in a box (where its been the past 10+years) its displayed beautifully in my room! 

Our old dresser..still makes my heart happy to see it.
 Our Turkish rug also has a new home. Its like it was meant for this space and against the new
 hardwoods (tutorial to follow) its so much better here than in the entry.  

Im so grateful for the way you all have encouraged me through this process on Instagram and my amazing friends at Caitlin Wilson Textiles are so kind to help me THANK YOU all with a 
GIVEAWAY!!! 
What!?!? 
Oh yes, you can have one of these gorgeous pillows for your bed too! Please, please, you don't want to miss this one so pop over to my Instagram feed right now and enter to win! 
The lucky winner will get to choose their favorite, so GO, GO NOW!! Heres the link and 
GOOD LUCK!!

{Source List}
Bed- Ballard Design
White Bedding- West Elm 
Navy Pillows- Homegoods
Plum Deco Pillow- Caitlin Wilson Textiles
Bridge City Blooms Pillow in white- Caitlin Wilson Textiles
Nightstands-Ikea 
Acrylic Fram Kit-Highland Hardware  
Gold Lamps-Target
Black Lampshades-Target
Task Lamp-Ikea
Fur Stools-DIY but originally from Target
Scarf- Hermes
Turkish Rug-E Carpet Gallery 
Fiddle Leaf Fig-Home Depot




19 comments on "Master Bedroom Makeover "
  1. Oh my gosh, this is sooooo gorgeous! Those floors make me swoon. Do you have any light blocking shades on your windows and do you notice your room feeling harder to sleep in as the sun rises earlier? I've been leaning towards a white/lightest gray room & the hubby is worried that it will be hard to sleep since we fast east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous room! I loved how it looked before, but the new lighter and brighter walls and floors look so right for right now. Congrats! Would you mind sharing info on the Ikea bedside tables? I wasn't sure if they were the Hemnes or the Koppang (which are quite similar, but since you said the dimensions were so great with the bed I thought it'd be helpful to know the exact one). Thanks and great job on the room re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous room!!! Absolutely love everything about it. I have to admit my favorite part is the floors because I also have gross carpet and I want to get rid of it. How did you do your floors? Is it just regular hard wood floors painted or did you have your husband make the floors? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sorry I just saw that a hardwood floor tutorial was coming. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! What a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous. I love white anything too. What is the white paint/brand paint that you used? So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This room is just perfect! Love the bright white so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not on Instagram. May I be added to the giveaway via Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello~ I am visiting from Southern Hospitality this morning. Your home is so amazing. Love the floors in your master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS SPACE IS GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT. I LOVE THE GOLD LAMPS FROM TARGET. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE I CAN PURCHASE THEM OR SOMETHING SIMILAR?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm anxious to see how your husband achieved the look of your finished floors as I'm getting ready to start on ours........I've been waiting a long time to do this at our weekend beach cottage and yours is the first floor I've seen that looks like the picture I've had in my mind for years. If it's salvageable, I'm hoping to use the white pine tongue & groove subfloor under the circa 1943-44 linoleum, (currently covered by the not so lovely but new at the time, seafoam green carpet and pad the previous owner installed before selling us the cottage). With some luck (and a lot of elbow grease I suspect), it will work. Found your blog this morning through a link from Southern Hospitality, took one look at the planked white walls in your living area and decided to sign up! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely home, I'm looking forward to taking a closer look. VBg

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so fresh and light! Give me those floors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your room looks great! Which nightstands are these from Ikea? The floor turned out really nice. Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a really good makeover. I love what you did with the floor. Compared to the carpeted one, I think this one's better, because carpets tend to be high-maintenance. You did great on this great DIY project. Good job! :)


    Nathan Riley @ Steemer Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your room! Would you mind telling me what the name of your lamp and nightstands are from Ikea? I want that lamp. Love it! Also you have a large green bottle in your dining or family room that I love. Where can I find one like that? Your home is lovely.Thanks for any info.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.
    room

    ReplyDelete