Top Social

.

Spring Home Tour

Thursday, April 16, 2015
Hello everyone!
 I'm so excited to be a part of the Blogger Stylin' Spring Home Tour hosted by Lindsay from the
White Buffalo Styling Co. 
If you are visiting today from My Fabuless Life, I'm so happy to have you here!
Entry
We built our home and moved in two years ago. It was your typical tract home with not much detail and nothing to set it apart from any of the other homes in the neighborhood with the same floor plan. But we loved the layout and we love the neighborhood, its our second home in this neighborhood after all! 
Because we aren't ones to shy away from a good DIY, as soon as we were unpacked we got going! The first thing we wanted to do is add some texture and dimension to the interior with trim work. 
I mean a lot of trim work! 
One of the next projects we tackled was to pull all of the carpet of the staircase. (here)
Thankfully our builder used all pine and we didn't have to mess with plywood risers. Huge bonus!
Family Room
One of my favorite elements in the home is our planked walls. I'm a little obsessed with them!


Kitchen
Oh my kitchen!! 
We just finished the remodel in here about a month ago and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. I have been dreaming of a kitchen with Carrara Marble and butcher block countertops and a farm sink for as long as I can remember. I still have to pitch myself when I walk in here because I can't believe I live here!


Sometimes people will tease us about how we live in a "fixer upper"or ask why we would tear apart a perfectly good, brand new home?!! Well, we want our house to work for us and we want to LOVE our home! We didn't have the budget to build our dream home from the ground up so we are taking it a little by little and making it become our dream home with a lot of hard work and patience. We have also figured out along the way that we really love doing it ourselves. This might sound crazy but its actually brought my husband and I closer together...DIY is "our thing" who knew?


Work Room

Dining Room

Loft
Master


Oldest's Room
Middle's Room
Nursery
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you will come back and visit here again.
But wait... the tour is not over!
Please head over to Dwellings By Devore for a tour of her amazing home and if you have missed any of these stunning homes on the tour so far, here they are listed below! 
Be prepared for some serious eye candy!  


31 comments on "Spring Home Tour"
  1. You have such a lovely home :) Love your kitchen so very much! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and oh I'm completely in love with my kitchen if you can't tell:)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning!! I could move in right now and it would be everything I have dreamed of in a home!!! A few questions...do you have a master source list anywhere? I am specifically interested in the cozy rug in your living room, and the art in the work room, and your master bedding! Also, have you ever shared a floor plan? I LOVE looking at pictures of individual rooms, but I always wonder how the spaces flow together. The rooms you shared are exactly what I am looking for in a house for us. (If you don't have a floor plan to share, do you have a link to the builders website where there is a floor plan?) Thanks and great job. I've been drooling over your house ever since I stumbled across your instagram account and have been waiting for an updated tour of your kitchen space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! I dont have a master list but thank you for the suggestion as well as the floor plan idea. Stay tuned, I will get on it:)

      Delete
  3. i am in love with every single space and touch in your tour! just amazing- love love love! i don't know what is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous home you have! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I just flipped through a new issue of domino...Your home is stunning and so full of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is a huge compliment!!!

      Delete
  6. Really enjoyed the tour of your delightful home.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is gorgeous! Very inspiring.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful...your home looks like it's straight from a magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It really means so much to me to read such nice comments!!

      Delete
  9. Everything is absolutely gorgeous. Truly stunning. I'm obsessed with the way you perfectly mix woods and textures, and oh, those plank walls!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have loved your home every since I came across your blog and then your instagram-it is beautiful! I have a somewhat silly question to ask, how to you make your beds? All three look so amazingly cozy and pretty. Do you just fold the flat sheet back and then fold the duvet in thirds down at the bottom of the bed? Or, is there also a blanket with the sheet? I feel silly even asking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely home! That kitchen is to die for!! :)

    xo Michael

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg!!! New follower here! Your style is amaaaazing! That rug in the entry!! Love every detail in your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you're home is beautiful! I love your entryway! We've been saving up to do something similar in ours :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sigh...I just love every single room and detail in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sigh...I just love every single room and detail in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sigh...I just love every single room and detail in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful home, I totally agree with changing whatever you want to to make it "yours!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a huge fan ever since I found you on Insta. Your home is stunning, and you are such a talented designer!! Would you be willing to share where your dining room light fixture is from? I am on the search, and yours looks similar to one from West Elm. Is that where you purchased yours? Thank you! I truly look forward to your blog posts and Instagram posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sleek-looking house! Its contemporary look is perfect, and all that white is beautiful. I'm also very fond of rustic pieces. We're all definitely very lucky to have seen a glimpse of your home. Thanks for that lovely tour! All the best to your family! :)

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your home is utterly charming.....every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your house is beautiful, just wondering how you keep it so clean with little ones? i would love to get a white or light grey couch but my kids are so messy!

    ReplyDelete