Top Social

.

Navy Blue Dining Table

Saturday, June 7, 2014
This story is a perfect example of how my brain works.....
Two day's ago I was browsing Craigslist looking for a table for our kitchen, because a few months ago I did some rearranging...yes again! You might remember when the front room turned in to a dining room again, okay so anyway, I was browsing Craigslist and I came across a pedestal table for $40. 
I wasn't wow'd by it but thought, hmm this could work...then the thought immediately left brain and I was on to the next thing. 
Story continues....the next day I was doing my usual Instagram and coffee morning when I came across this photo 

It was love at first sight!! 
Oh my goodness, I must have that table!! 
So.....I search table.....table cost's a fortune......remember the Craigslist table....think to myself, I can make this work.....email seller....pray they still have it.....wait 4 excruciating hours for response.....Yippy! They have it!!
The next morning the first thing I did (after Instagram and coffee of course) was go pick up the table.
Then swung by Lowe's for the paint. This Valspar color was the closet thing I could find in the spray paint selection there. It didn't say navy but it looked close enough so I was going for it! 
If you haven't figured it out yet, I have absolutely no patience and I make rash decisions, but so far it's working for me.
I bought 6 cans and left.
I only ended up using 3 cans and the table looked really good, except where the can left those ugly spray blotches on the table top! UGH! 
Back to Lowe's.
I had the nice man at the paint counter color match a quart of Valspar signature paint so I could brush a thin coat across the table top.
So much better!!
And after all that, here she is, my $40 table + $30 paint = 
close enough to my dream table! 
( I have a ton of paint left too)
I pulled my Tolix chairs from the work room, the slip covered parsons out of the basement (yes, I have a lot of crap in my basement) and set some of my Ironstone on top. 

I really do love everything about it and she fits the space perfectly! 
All in a day's work! 





6 comments on "Navy Blue Dining Table"
  1. That's how you did it so fast! Love Valspar Spray Paint! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank's Michelle! I'm pretty happy with it:)

      Delete
  3. Two day's ago I was browsing Craigslist looking for a table for our kitchen, because a few months ago I did some rearranging... tdiningtable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very good idea to paint a table became Antique Dining Table, this could be a reference for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its really amazing. I like this post a lot. I am impressed with this post. Its very informative. I have bought best quality dining table from Housefull International Ltd. The quality of dining table was amazing. If you want to buy dining table then please try Housefull Furniture at least once.

    ReplyDelete